Kinect Energy is an international energy management and fulfilment company. Its global footprint comprises a team of more than 400 industry experts and dedicated account managers servicing approximately 6,000 clients from offices in Europe, the US and Asia.
Kinect Energy’s ambition is to become one brand and one business following the acquisition of several international companies, building its reputation to become one of the top energy companies in the world.
Faith was tasked to build a global PR hub to manage a team of PR consultants across its core locations (Norway, Germany, France, the UK and the US) and help deliver consistent messages and processes.
PR, social media and content activity needed to target Kinect Energy’s multiple markets while being flexible and adaptable to local audiences, markets, and their differing needs.
Our global hub model would:
• Offer a framework for local markets to operate from, give direction and focus for local activations and ensure that Kinect Energy looks like one company
• Ensure consistent strategy and messages are being deployed globally – helping consolidate the brand at a global and local level post-acquisitions.
• Fundamentally save time and cost – the hub carries the weight of the planning, strategy, and content creation – allowing the markets to focus on activating the plans.
• Allow all markets to have a say and ensure their voices and expertise are heard – sharing best practice back into the planning process.
Content creation would both align with business objectives and encourage engagement, reaching people on an emotional level through re-purposed PR content, case studies, updates on industry regulations, new products and services, how to guides, advice and tips and thought leadership.
Social media activity would increase engagement and grow the number of followers on LinkedIn and Twitter, through relevant posts and a wider range of engaging content in the following areas: CSR, blogs, events, data, thought leadership, success stories and innovation.
As well as the global PR hub, we would build on PR activity in the UK market, following a previous working relationship with Orchard Energy that was acquired by Kinect Energy in 2017.
In the first six months of the contract, Faith achieved the following outputs:
• Formed a network of consultants based within Kinect’s core locations (US, Norway, France and Germany).
• Developed centralised planning, management and reporting through the global PR hub.
• Created a bank of media material to ensure uniform messaging, content, themes, and joined-up activity across the key locations.
• Created core materials and campaign assets required for the network to activate at a local level and for the new global website
• Created a content strategy that both aligns with business objectives and encourages engagement, reaching people on an emotional level.
• Activated a social media strategy with the dual objectives of increasing engagement and growing the number of followers across existing channels
• Driven PR activity in the UK market
Key pieces of coverage were achieved in the following:
o Global Water Intelligence
o Chief Sustainability Officer
o Energy Digital
o Energy, Oil and Gas
o Foresight Climate and Energy
o Smart Energy International
Faith continues to spin the spokes of the global hub as the contract evolves into 2020, driving forward PR, social media and content to help put Kinect Energy on the global map and be the biggest and the best in the industry.