Faith was appointed to create and activate a PR programme to:
- Raise awareness of the Thornton & Ross brand on a corporate level, with a particular focus on the Yorkshire region
- Convey the company’s growth ambitions; communicate recent and future acquisitions, highlighting the employment opportunities these bring
- Position Thornton & Ross as a global innovator and pharmaceutical industry leader, true to its Yorkshire roots
- Increase brand awareness and affinity to enthuse and engage the local business community
- Create positive PR and increase regional media coverage, supporting the national, consumer-focused healthcare PR activity
- Help establish and grow a corporate social media presence and drive engagement.
A communications programme was developed with three core pillars identified to drive activity;
• Sharing information and facts about T&R and its work
• Thought leadership to convey expertise
• Celebrating internal and external success
Consistent and regular press office activity was key to delivery. Media relations comprised of news announcements, exec profiling and thought leadership content.
Social media activity focused on developing a more active engagement strategy with a regular flow of news, expert advice & insight to build brand awareness, trust and recognition. We also shared key internal activity and relevant awareness days. Video content and bespoke social media graphics were central to driving engagement.
Activity is ongoing but in the space of 11 months, 146 pieces of coverage have been achieved including profiling pieces and news items around T&R growth and investment into expansion.
Relationships with the media have been established and T&R’s senior staff are increasingly being approached for comment in industry titles and to attend regional business round tables.
Social media content has gained 413,444 impressions over 160 posts and resulted in 1,835 new followers in total. Unique impressions have also greatly increased and the content we produced created 18,085 post clicks with a total of 27,440 engagements (comments, likes, shares).