Our social media apprentice, Luke Buss, spent a week at Estio Training in Leeds as part of his apprenticeship Level 3 qualification. During this week he studied current collaborative technologies and how they are used within the workplace, and below are his recommendations of some of the best ones out there.
The sharing of information within a business has always been vital to success. Although the sharing of information has always taken place within a business, the way it gets shared has drastically changed over the past few years.
The introduction of collaborative technologies has made the internal sharing process much easier, and now allows a group of users to work on the same project simultaneously to achieve a common goal.
The use of collaborative technologies within the workplace allows for the work force to be smarter, faster and more productive in the completion of tasks. Collaborative technologies not only improve efficiency internally but also between a business and its clients, providing a much higher rate of customer satisfaction.
With the development of these technologies growing, more and more software is becoming available to users and we’ve put together a list of some of the most noteworthy platforms at the moment:
– Google Drive: allows users to share files and work on them at the same time collaboratively
– Padlet: an online resource which allows all users to make notes in the same space making note sharing much easier
– Yammer: a team collaboration software set up in a social media format
– Microsoft Office: allows users to create documents, share with each other and make comments/corrections on other users documents
– Basecamp: allows multiple users to work on the same project simultaneously
– Trello: an online project management software that allows for simultaneous work on the same tasks between multiple users
If you’re going to start looking to find a new way to implement this into your business then consider the following:
A piece of collaborative technology shouldn’t just make it easier for employees to share their information and communicate with one and other, it should enable the team to achieve better results and increase their productivity.